Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

We Have A Walker & Other Adventures in Motherhood


...and a few funny moments in motherhood lately:

1. McCord has figured out how to start the CD player that is attached to his crib (looks kind of like this one).  He takes the liberty to start his CD player when he's ready to get up in the morning or from a nap.  He doesn't do this all the time, but the majority of the mornings this past week, Bo and I've woken up to "Who built the ark? Noah! Noah! Who built the ark? Brother Noah built the ark!"  We look at the video monitor, and there's Monkey, hanging onto the railing of his crib, bouncing along to the lyrics. 

2. The other day, McCord woke up from a nap after being asleep for only 1 hour.  Instead of listening to his CD, he started fussing.  I looked at the monitor, and he was in his usual standing position, ready to be picked up.  I decided to let him cry it out for a while so he'd go back to sleep as is our usual practice when he wakes up early.  This proved unsecessful.  When I went in to have a serious conversation with a one-year-old about how much Mama needs you to take a nap, so she can shower, do the laundry, vaccume the upstairs  the benefits of sleep, I noticed that he'd taken off his pajama pants and thrown them overboard.  He also had taken off his diaper and it was laying abandoned in his crib.  Even though McCord isn't saying any words now, I'm pretty sure his look meant, he had a dirty diaper during his nap, and where was I when he needed me?!!!  Let's hope we don't make a habit out of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment