Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintage Finds for Mc's Room

Today was a great day to visit the Habitat ReStore.  McCord and I came home with two matching chairs in a beautiful peacock blue for $85 each.  Here's a picture of McCord checking out one of them.  Both chairs are in great condition and appear as if they've never been used.  I love the piping and tufted back cushion.
 I debated on which room to put them in, but McCord seems to think they're his, so for now they are in his bedroom.  They match perfectly with the fabric I've picked out for his window treatments. 


His room is still a work in progress, but it's slowly coming together.  We also bought a couple of framed puzzles for Mc's room.  Both are replicas of vintage ads for the Barnum Bailey circus.  I forgot to photograph those pieces, so I'll have to post about them later. 


I found this vintage paint by numbers picture at a yard sale last weekend.  The frame is a little damaged, so I'll have to do something about that, but I love the image, and for $1, I couldn't pass it up.  Perfect for a little boy's room.  


I've been working on our kitchen/desk area.  It's kind of a mess.  If you've been over to visit you know what I mean.  It's a large space, but inefficiently planned.  A kitchen reno isn't in the budget with the loads of other items on the to-do list that are demanding attention right now, so instead I'm trying to divert attention away from the wonky kitchen with fabric.  Sounds desparate right?  That's about how we feel.  Anyway, here's a chair I purchased at a thrift store for $10 that we'll use in the desk area that juts off of the kitchen.  I just had it reupholstered and can't wait to show you the after picture.  Will try to post that later this weekend. 




For now we are busy sprucing up!  Doe Doe is coming to visit this weekend to help us fix stuff!

2 comments:

  1. As always, I LOVE your latest finds!!!! That picture is so perfect!!! I have a picture that I found an old picture for just a few dollars last year that I hope to use one day when we have children, especially if we have a girl. It needs to be re-framed and matted but other than that, it's perfect!! Oh and about The Help; oh Sara!!!! You are going to LOVE IT!!!! I think you and I are so much alike and love all things vintage and from yesteryear, so you will LOVE the time in which this movie/book portrays, and the story is AMAZING, too!!! Let me know what you think!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- He looks waaaaaay too grown up sitting in that chair!!!

    ReplyDelete