Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

High Cotton is in High Gear

One of my friends just sent me the application to the St. John's United Methodist Church fall crafts festival.  Her son and McCord were in the same Kindermusik class and she has been especially encouraging of me starting a sewing business.  She asked me to make a personalized t-shirt for her son earlier in the spring, and so she is both my first and only High Cotton customer!



I sent in my vendor application over the weekend with fingers crossed that High Cotton will be accepted.  So this weekend, I've been working on a few prototypes to sell at the festival.  Here's a giraffe softie with gingham mane that I'm working on.  I created the pattern out of a giraffe that I sketched out.  A few changes need to be made, but the final version is nearing completion. 



I want to make sure that whatever I make holds up to lots of kids play, so here's my sewing buddy giving the giraffe a good test drive. 





I also made this leash for Rocky and am thinking about offering leashes and dog collars at my booth.   Wouldn't this t-shirt trim be adorable as a belt for little boys?!  So many fun things to work with here. 


Will keep you all posted if my application is accepted.  The festival is scheduled for Saturday, November 19th - so I have lots of sewing to do if High Cotton is chosen.  Stay tuned as I post pictures of what I'm working on and I hope that you'll all offer input on what you'd like to see featured.  

And Terri, you mentioned that you'd like to see pictures of the pillows that I made for the playroom.  Here are a couple I completed this week.  It's a little pattern-crazy now, but I have a few more to make in solid colors.  We're getting there.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pillows, Sara, and the projects you are working on for High Cotton!! I am crossing my fingers that you will be able to participate in the event in November (I feel pretty confident you will be!!). Please be sure to remind us when the event rolls around, as I would love to come and to support your booth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Sara I'm SO excited! I just know you will be accepted and what a great addition you/High Cotton will be to their festival. Ironic that you posted about starting your business b/c I was just about to send you an email. Be on the look out. ;)

    ReplyDelete