Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Playdate and Hardwood Floors

Earlier this week, we were so thrilled to have some of McCord's friends over to play.  We tried our best to grab a shot of all four of them together: McCord, Taylor, Delaney, and Riley.  They are all about the same age and just had the best time bumping around together.  Thank you all so much for coming over to play in our new house.  We look forward to many more playdates! 



Here's a picture we took of the playroom before we put in the hardwood floors.  The carpet was really damaged by the previous resident and it had a terrible pet odor that we just couldn't get rid of, so we are so relieved to have clean hardwoods now. 


BEFORE

Walls are painted Benjamin Moore's Gray Horse.  I found the credenza table on the left at a thrift store for $30 and painted it navy to match the fabric on the ottoman I slipcovered.  This room was added onto our 1940s house in the 90s (and it shows!).  We plan to rip out the crown molding and replace the large window to make it look a little more consistent with the age of the house.   More info on the gigantic chicken beanbag here.
Not quite an AFTER shot, but an In Progress picture

I'm looking forward to making some pillows out of this fabric to add some whimsy to the room.


Do you remember this lamp of my grandmother's?  I blogged about the before and after here.  There's a great tutorial on how to recover lampshades at Isabella and Max Rooms.  Janelle does a great job of writing tutorials, and this one doesn't disappoint.  One of my blog readers told me about the oil rubbed bronze spray paint made by Rustolium, so I re-sprayed the base and I'm liking the lamp much better now.  (Just FYI, if you haven't used this spray paint before, you'll love it - the coverage goes on great, and I've since used it to spray down an old brassy overhead light fixture I picked up at the Habitat Restore and I want to use it on our outdated kitchen knobs - will blog about those topics soon.)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! The lamp looks tres chic and the hardwoods (along with the soothing paint color) make all the difference in this room. Enjoy! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your latest home updates and DIY's!!! The lamp looks awesome and I can't wait to see your new pillows! The fabric is super cute! New fabric for some of our pillows has been on my to do list forever! Be sure to post pics once they're done! (hopefully seeing yours complete will help push me to finally get mine done!) Great seeing you Thursday night, by the way! Can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete