Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Update on Art Smock & A Few Pumpkin Recipies

First, here are a couple of pictures of the art smock we created for my mom during our trip to Lake Keowee.  Each family member from age 3 months to 62 years old put their footprint on it. 





 Fall is here and that means canned pumpkin is back in the grocery store!  So McCord and I took full advantage yesterday.  My good friend Alice shared this easy recipe with me.  It involves 2 ingredients...


 ...a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, although I've tried that before and it's pretty good too - just different consistency).

1. Combine Spice Cake mix and pumpkin
2. Mix well
3. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes

I think she said that this is a Weight Watchers recipe, so you can't feel too guilty about indulging!

McCord and I also found this recipe to try out for pumpkin butter.  It's delicious and whips up enough that you can share with your whole neighborhood!


And finally, a few pictures of McCord and his best friend Marley.



Thank you Cousin Bayer for my new hand-me-downs!

3 comments:

  1. I love these pics of McCord! He's getting to be such a big boy and I love that adorable grin. Hope Stella can meet him soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried that cake recipe and it is absolutely delish!!! I am also going to try the pumpkin butter! It sounds yummy, too!! I love how you decorated your jars.. sooo cute!! That McCord is PRESH!!!!!!! I LOVE his sweet little smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, where did you get your canning labels??

    ReplyDelete