Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

5 Years Ago


Dear McCord,

Five years ago today, I married your daddy.  We were just 24 years old, and we had lots of big dreams for the future - dreams to start a family.  And now, five years later, here you are, laughing and smiling and bringing so much joy into our lives.  You are perfect in every way and we love you so much. 

It was a beautiful, warm day in Aiken, and we were thrilled to be surrounded by our family and friends as we said our vows.  I couldn't wait to marry your daddy - I love him more than I ever thought possible.  He's generous and kind.  He adores his family.  He has a soft spot in his heart for those who are less fortunate.  He loves animals.  He's funny and isn't afraid to be goofy.  He's calm under pressure and loyal to friends and family.  He lives every single day of his life with integrity.  And I know one day, you will want to be exactly like him. 


And that makes me so happy. 


Love...

of...

my life.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Super sweet post, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though McCord is a tough little man, I'm sure this could bring a tiny tear to his eye one day!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete