Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Family Vacation

We spent last week with the Keisler-side of the family at Lake Keowee.  McCord really enjoyed spending time with his grandparents - Aiya and Doe Doe, Uncle Ashley, Aunt Cam, and cousins Bayer and Calla.  We fished, danced with the kids, and we even worked in a couple of rainy-day crafts.  We also spent a good part of the week watching and rewatching and rewatching again the video of overnight internet sensation Antoine Dodson and the Antoine Dodson song.  McCord surprised us all and started laughing for the first time last week (not at Antoine like the rest of us, but at my mom)! 

Here are some pictures from craft day.  Please ignore my ghetto fabulous outfit - I must have been influenced by Antoine. 




Monkey says, "They're climbing in your windows and snatching your people up! They're gonna find you, so hide your kids!"


 This is a little onesie that my sister made for Calla using rubber stamps.  There's a tutorial for it here at one of my favorite blogs Fly Through Our Window.
This is a picture of my dad placing his footprint on an art smock for my mom.  We had the whole family put their print on it - babies included.  I'll post pictures of the completed project later.  Creating a family t-shirt or apron would be a fun Christmas gift for grandmothers. 

My sister, my mom, and Bayer worked really hard on these caramel snacks.  They dipped pretzel rods, ritz crackers, and apples in caramel and covered them with peanuts and crushed oreos.  Then they went back over them with melted chocolate. 



My favorite memory of the week: my mom, my sister, and I spent Monday morning shopping with Bayer and McCord.  On our drive home, McCord decided he'd had enough and cranked it up to a Level 10 Meltdown.  He cried at the top of his lungs letting us all know that he was not very happy about this shopping-business.  Four-year-old Bayer was completely unphased by his tears and started making up a little rap to cheer McCord up.  It consisted of a few "bop bop bop"s, and had a catchy little rhythm to it.  Here we are driving in the rain, down the back roads of Senaca, with a very unhappy baby and a rapping 4-year-old.  We couldn't get home fast enough.  All of a sudden, McCord broke into a whole-hearted belly laugh at his goofy cousin.  He loved Bayer's bop, bop, bops!  Before long, McCord was laughing at Bayer.  Bayer was laughing at McCord; and my mom, my sister, and I were laughing at the both of them.  I about wrecked the car trying to watch the two of them interact.  It was so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that video hilarious!!!!!! The onesies are sooo cute and those caramel snacks look and sound DELISH!!!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete