Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wade is 1 Month Old!


Happy one month birthday Wade!  

Here's a picture of you and your Daddy today.  We took this picture in our yard in front of McCord's Maple. When your brother was born, your Daddy decided to plant a tree in his honor and we took his picture in front of it every month to monitor his growth against the tree.  When we moved to a new house, the tree came with us as it has become an important part of our family's memories and traditions.  Your Daddy has already lined up the planting of your own tree in September after the danger of the summer heat has passed.  We can't wait for your Sugar Maple to become a part of our landscape and family tradition too!  In the meantime, we've decided to take your picture in front of McCord's Maple.  


Quick story about the shorts you're wearing.  I originally made them for Mc a couple of months ago and hoped, if I had a boy (you!) that I could make you a matching pair.  Well, something went horribly wrong with the making of the shorts, and they turned out about 6 sizes too small for your brother.  I even tried to squeeze him in them because I invested a lot of time in them making them reversible with a cowboy print on the outside and a red check on the inside.  I wanted to see someone wear them so very badly.  It wasn't long after that I decided McCord's monkey, Pawgee should inherit the shorts.  While Pawgee wore the pants well, he didn't wear them nearly as well as you.  Wade, you rock these preppy shorts!  Look at you and your cute self!

And here you are in front of Mc's maple pretending to stand.  Look how tall the tree is compared to you.  One day, you'll be big enough to climb it!


Just thought I'd include this picture of you wearing the shorts with the reversible pattern.  Same shorts as above, different side.  Boy am I glad they fit!


Yesterday, you were laying on a blanket in the living room watching your brother build things with his giant legos.  I walked into the kitchen for a second and when I returned this is what I found.  I think Mc is looking forward to the day when you can play with him!




And as you can see, you've started smiling!  Oh, how your dad and I love to see that smile!  It brightens up the entire room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment