Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moving Furniture Back To Our Bedroom

The remodeling isn't finished yet, but we're getting there.  We're so close, Bo and I can finally move back into the master bedroom (which used to be McCord's nursery, about 4 months ago).  This means I can start decorating, and I'm pretty excited about that. 

It still has a long way to go, but here are some progress pictures.

This is a picture of the headboard my dad and I made.  He built the frame in a couple of hours, and then I took several days to upholster it in some linen fabric I've been holding onto for a while and add nailhead trim.  Our contractor hung it today!  I have had my eye on upholstered headboards for a while and finally found a great tutorial at 12 Devonshire.  I also checked out the links she included.  I am so appreciative of fellow bloggers who share their creative projects.  Many, many thanks!


Never mind that our nightstands don't match - it's on my to do list - but I'm cheap and don't like spending money.  It may take me a while to find something matchy in my price range.

I found a whole bolt of fabric at Blacklion a few months ago for $10.  I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but the color worked well for my design scheme in the bedroom, so my mom suggested I make coverlet out of it.  I still have a little fabric left over for another project.  The pillows are from Pottery Barn outlet and the chevron lampshades are from Target.



The glass shop installed our glass door for the master shower yesterday. We ended up choosing the frameless design.





Here's the marble slab we picked out for the vanity top.  Still looking for the right mirror to go in this space.


As you can see, McCord prefers brushing his teeth over his hair.





Right now I'm working on some window treatment for this area - lots of sewing to do in my future!

This has nothing to do with remodeling, except the renovations have inspired me to spruce up the rest of the house a little bit.  We are finally putting pictures on the walls after 6 months of living here!  My next design challenge is bookcase styling.

And in other news...

This little guy turned 19 months old today! 

We've been paci - free for over a month now, we're back to a napping schedule, and he's learning how to do all sorts of things on his own.  Sometimes when I pick him up out of his crib in the morning, he looks like he has grown up over night.  He's only 19 months-old, but I know I'll blink and he'll be 19 years old and asking for the car keys.  How I adore this curious little guy.  He's all-boy, yet such a lover.  It's not unusual for him to bang his tractor on the table, turn to me or Bo for approval, and then when he sees disappointment on our faces, run to us for a hug. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment