Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Big Day for Renovations (almost done!)

This is the new headboard that my dad and I made.  He made the wooden frame, and I upholstered it.  Can't wait to have our contractor install it in the master bedroom!  I'll update links to tutorials that we followed in a later post.

This is a window seat going that is being installed in McCord's and baby brother/sister's bedroom.  It will become a little reading nook with shelves on the wall for books.  Drawers pull out for toy storage.  We just had the sconce installed and got it from the Pottery Barn outlet.  I have lots of sewing to do in this little corner of the house - window treatments and a cushion for the window seat. 

They installed the vanity today for the Master bath - loving the walnut stain we chose!  We picked out a Cararra marble top which should be installed early next week.

What you see when you wall in the master bath - shower on left, vanity on right and toilet in far right corner.

We carved out a little space in the master bedroom  for this closet which was installed today too.  We'll keep linens here and some of Bo's clothes.

New (to us) lantern in master bedroom. I think I found this at the Habitat Resale store. We are using antique bronze finishes in the bedroom.

Master bath shower - obviously some work needs to be done here....

...but I couldn't resist showing the marble hexagonal tile on the shower floor.  This will also be the backsplash behind the vanity.  I think this is my favorite thing about the bathroom.



View from Master bath looking out into bedroom.


These are the colors we are going with for the bedroom. Except the pillow, all of the fabrics are part of my stash I've been hoarding for years - picking up remnants here and there.  I found the water color painting a few months back at a thrift store for $2.

Downstairs bath is still not complete, but our contractor is working on the drawer fronts - fitting them around the plumbing.

Here's our new banquette being installed in the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. The house is looking great!! You have great tasty. I cannot imagine having all that work done and trying to keep an 18 month out of everything.

    ReplyDelete