Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

High Cotton Hiatus

High Cotton is on hiatus!

Above is a picture of my last completed HC project shipped out to Columbia - several ruffle wraps for my sweet sorority sister, Caroline.  Many, many thanks to all of you who have messaged me about my most popular items - wraps, giraffes, and boys' belts.  I wish I had time enough to complete all of these projects before baby #2 comes, but I've become a sentimental mama lately, and I am treasuring every second I have with my 18 month-old before he becomes a big brother.  I cannot thank you enough for being supportive of High Cotton from the start.  Right now I feel like I'm just "pressing pause" for a few months while I soak up as much time as I can with my family and work on a few final sewing projects for our new house.  When baby #2 arrives, I hope to be able to resume my HC endeavors in small doses during nap time. 

I hope you understand. 

 

Life with an 18 month-old is challenging, sometimes frustrating, and downright exhausting.  But it's also deeply gratifying to see your small toddler learn something new.  My heart runs over several times a day as McCord runs to me with a huge full-on body hug.  And when those little open hands reach up to me asking to be held, my heart melts into a big puddle.  These are the moments that I've been waiting for as a mother.  The moments I want to remember forever.  Thank you God for showing me this kind of love through my child.  It's overwhelming.

And while I'm being sentimental, let me recommend this list: "25 Rules for Mothers of Sons" written by Tabitha Studer.  I think it made me a better mama just to read it.  You'll enjoy it too.



Here are the past few days in pictures.



fixing things

supervising the next-door neighbor's roofing project


trying out paint samples for kids' bath

having a teddy bear tea party

making Valentine's cards

and finger painting

and making messes

making Valentine's Chex Mix

I absolutely recommend this one!

giving hugs

1 comment:

  1. Precious little fellow! He'll be a wonderful big brother I'm sure.

    Blessings,
    Betty @ Country Charm
    grandmother (Mam) of eight

    ReplyDelete