Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why I Love Valentine's Day

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day.  For me, it's not about the flowers or the chocolate, but I love the handmade spirit this simple holiday inspires.    It's especially fun with little ones and gives us a great excuse to roll up our sleeves and get messy crafting all in the name of making someone a Valentine's card.  Plus, I get to be a kid again too enjoying these fun projects. Last year Mc and I made a couple of onesie's and a taggie for him to chew on.  My how he's grown!  Gone are those days when I could plop him down on a blanket with some toys so I could sew.  Now we enjoy doing activities that are a little more interactive.

Here we are enjoying Valentine's 2012.

We did this heart stamp finger paint project to design a Valentine for Daddy.


Of course, paint got in places paint's not supposed to go.


And then we made a few more of these neat heart-shaped crayons for all of Mc's Kindermusik classmates.



Here's McCord at Kindermusik enjoying a marshmallow after passing out his Valentine's to his friends - BTW handing out Valentine's is a hard lesson to understand for a 19 month-old, but eating a marshmallow, much more fun!

Opening up a Valentine's surprise at breakfast.

Then Mc had to do a quick change into his Presbyterian College attire so we could enjoy our family Valentine's date: the PC vs. Winthrop basketball game. 



Go Blue Hose!





And check out the score at the end of the game!  Our little Alma Mata beat the Eagles by 3 points!  What fun!



We can't wait to celebrate this special holiday with Baby #2 next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment