Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Choose & Cut Christmas Tree Farm You'll Love

Happy belated Thanksgiving! 

I intended to do a Thanksgiving post, but my almost 17 month-old decided to drop both his morning and afternoon naps simultaneously this week and throw the Biggest Tantrum Witnessed in the History of Motherhood.  In T.J. Maxx.  With a store full of shoppers.  You might have seen us.  I was the mom who abandoned a cart full of merchandise to haul my son (kicking, screaming, and flailing arms) in the football hold through the nearest exit.  I did not see you because I was averting eye contact with every living being. 

Needless to say, blogging didn't make it on the to-do list. 


 
But tantrums aside, we had a fabulous family day today driving into the Blue Ridge Mountains to this Choose & Cut Christmas Tree Farm.  Driving up to North Carolina has been a tradition that Bo and I started as newlyweds and each year we've chosen a different farm to explore.  Sometimes we just hop in the car without a plan and see where we end up, but this year, I did a little research to find a farm that Monkey would love.  It did not disappoint.  Not only did we have acres of beautiful Frasier firs to choose from, but we also visited with Santa, miniature donkeys, goats, chickens, and ducks.  There is also a free hayride offered that views a 100-year old historic log cabin. 

Here are a few pictures from our excursion - hope to get pictures up of our decorated trees later this week. 


Stopping to fuel up at a Mexican restaurant prior to finding the perfect tree











Helping Daddy string the lights on Mc's playroom tree

Since I didn't get to blog last week, I have many exciting things to share.  Here are some upcoming posts:
  • McCord and I have a clumsy visit to the world of Ikea
  • New blog head!  A high school friend (thank you FB for bringing us together!) of mine has thoughtfully designed a new blog head for High Cotton Handmade
  • Updates on our bathroom renovation (we have a toilet! and antique dresser/vanity will be installed this week)
  • I plan to make a few Ruffle Knit Wraps next week and list them on etsy ($27 each).  Let me know if you'd like to place an order for Christmas.  If you've spoken to me about this already, I'll be in touch.  Assuming all fabric is in stock, here are the color options: cranberry red, tangerine, citrine green, chocolate brown, charcoal, and bright/rosy pink.

3 comments:

  1. I received one of your coffee sack pillows as a birthday gift! Jenn Graham is one of my best friends and she gives the BEST gifts! I love it! I will post about it once I get my house in order! Right now, Christmas decorations are everywhere...such a mess! Good luck with your business! You are very talented! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! will a wrap fit me? It seems comfy, but with the growing mid-section, I'm quite hesitant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!!! I definitely can't wait to check out the wraps!!! (I am thinking I may be one of High Cotton's frequent shoppers once you get things all up and running on your Etsy page!!) and that McCord, I tell ya, he is the CUTEST!!!!! I love his mittens and little vest!! and that curly hair, too!!

    ReplyDelete