Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Bunco

I love my bunco girls.

Our group has been together for about 5 years now, and I venture to say that each of us looks forward to our monthly girls' night out for good food, good fun, and friendship.  In the past 5 years, we've been through so much - members have gotten married, bought houses, accepted new jobs, been through infertility, adoption, and had lots of babies.  For 5 years now bunco has given us an excuse to celebrate together, laugh together, and sometimes to cry together. 

Thursday night we all gathered on Surrey Lane for Valentine's Bunco.  And I loved every second.  How good it is to be surrounded by friends! 



Bo made his signature cheese dip which was a HUGE hit!  By popular request, here's his recipe.  I'm signing off and turning the computer over to him so the recipe will come straight from the chef!

Bo's Crock Pot Sausage Cheese Dip
-One regular size block of velveeta
-One can Rotel (choose from mild, regular, or hot)
-One can black beans
-cooked ground sausage

Combine ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for at least 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve with your choice of chips...tostitos "scoops" are an excellent choice, but any type of tostitos are good, too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Aww!!! Sara, what a sweet Bunco post!!!! Thanks so much for hosting us!! I had a blast as always! It is so great to be a part of such a great group of women!! (PS- I think I may have thought something was pretty funny in that second pic!! LOL!!!) Thanks, too, Bo for sharing your yummy cheese dip recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, you were so sweet to capture these moments. I didn't even know you had a camera out. That was a great night, we missed a few girls, but most of us were there, that was great! I loved our last conversation about how we were all thankful for each other and like you said how we have all been through so much together. I don't know where I'd be without this group of girls and their support!

    ReplyDelete