Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sewing for New Baby

Bo and I need to get on it and talk about baby names!  Calling the baby "New Baby" and "Baby #2" is getting redundant.  We have 7 or so weeks left and have only chosen a girl's name (Anna Perrin) but no boy's name yet.  Yikes!  And I'm feeling like this is a boy (but what do I know?!!).

All that to say, I've been wanting to make something for New Baby for some time and finally found a few moments to sew up this "Modern Folksy Bunny" from a pattern by Gingercake.   Virginia, the owner and creator of Gingercake allows the purchaser to sell merchandise created from the pattern, so you might see this rabbit featured among High Cotton products when I get going with my business again.

The main fabric is a vintage piece that I found in my grandmother's attic.  I just love that I'll be able to pass something handmade onto our newborn from generations past.  I think my grandmother would have been proud of that too. 

1 comment:

  1. Another lovely project! Thank you for sharing it with us. <3 My sister has a baby coming next month (!) and I have three art pieces to finish. Will also attempt to make fabric bows this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete