Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Wagon Gets Around

: : A Post By McCord : :

A few days before Thanksgiving, my mama and I took my wagon to Ikea so we could do a little shopping.  As you know, my wagon gets around.  She wanted to post about this shopping excursion several weeks ago, but it's been pretty hectic in our house between renovations and sewing and getting ready for Christmas, so I've hijacked her laptop to share a few photos with you. 

Here I am getting ready for my first Ikea experience.  We arrived early before the store opened so we could get in a full Ikea lather with all the crazies. 

And here I am practicing my Ikea happy dance. Inspired by the music video Thriller.


It helps if you get your mouth involved in the dance too.  Just let it all out! 


Now that we've gotten that behind us, let's shop!


Here are a few pictures my mom took of products she was tempted to buy...

This big stripe runner for $35

And this one for $39


She loved this fixture and I think she wants to go back and get it for the new room I'll be sharing with baby brother or sister when renovations are complete.

And she liked this too - but couldn't figure out where to put it.


She did a little Ikea dance herself when she saw that this fixture was drastically reduced from $90 to $40.  She really debated but....


...decided to go with this large pendent instead.  I'm really glad she chose it, but we'll see how long it takes her to assemble it.

The wagon was perfect to lug around all of our loot!



I'm a lover, what can I say?  I hug and kiss everything. 

After a full morning of shopping, we refueled in the cafeteria.  I had a fine meal of chicken fingers and fries. 



And then I made some new friends in the kids' play station in the cafeteria.  This little girl has 5 brothers and sisters!  Her mom brought all of them to Ikea. 


This friendly guy is one of her siblings.  His name is J-A-A-D-E-N.  I know because every time he told me his name he spelled it out for me.  



After we played, mama loaded me back in the wagon and proceeded to take the tray with our dirty dishes to the tray station.  Right then, J-A-A-D-E-N came running over to me to give me one last hug.  As mama was turned around to watch us, she must have forgotten about the tray she was carrying while pulling the wagon, because it tipped forward, and she dropped the whole thing on the ground.  Dirty dishes and all.  And they all shattered to pieces of course.  It was kind of embarassing.  All I could say was, "uh uh uh uh uh uh uh OH!"

And here's one thing you should know about taking a wagon to Ikea.  If you do something embarassing, and then decide to go hide in the crowds of shoppers and act like you're a normal human being, the wagon will give you away.  Not that we tried to do that or anything.   


Mama also contemplated these fun panels for the playroom.

And I'd love to have this swing in my bedroom, but mama said we should wait until I'm a bit older.


And this one's pretty cool too.


Check out the little boy in the background.  He's checking out my ride!




I dedicate this post to Papa and Gee Gee for giving me the wagon for my birthday.  As you can see, it was a perfect gift and I'm thinking about decorating it for Christmas.  It's kind of like my sleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment