Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Georgia Football, Vacation, & A Treehouse

I'm far,far behind on blogging so this will be a catch-up post. 

1. Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there - I had hoped to do a creative Mother's Day post, but it never got done.  Maybe next year!
2. Georgia Football
For all of you who don't know, my husband is a HUGE Georgia fan.  A couple of weeks ago, my in-laws invited us to the Augusta Bulldog Club to hear football Coach Mark Richt speak.  Bo was lucky enough to get up close and personal and talked about the experience for days afterwards.  Here he is getting Coach Richt to sign a jersey for Mc - a gift from my Father-in-law!  Papa, Bo has proudly hung the jersey in the nursery - not in the closet with all of his other clothes - but next to his crib (I thought you'd appreciate that!).

This was my first experience going to the Augusta Bulldog Club - but Bo has been many times before.  In fact last year when I was pregnant, we didn't know whether we were having a boy or a girl.  When Bo went to the dinner, his soon-to-be-fatherly role took over and he purchased a print for Coach Richt to sign for Baby Redmond.  Bo said he was so star-struck seeing Coach Richt up close that after waiting in line, Mark looked him in the eyes as he prepared to sign the print and said, "Now whose name do I put on this?"  Bo said he waffled for a second not knowing whether it should be made out to "McCord" or "Eliza" and as he puts it, "pulled the trigger" and guessed.  "Coach, make it out to 'McCORD'!" Amazing that Bo was right about the sex of the baby. 



For our Baby Bulldog

3. Mansfield Plantation
Years ago, my mom bought us a gift certificate to this bed and breakfast in Georgetown, SC.  It is an old rice mill plantation on the Black River and Bo and I immediately fell in love with the place.  If you've never heard of it before, check out their website and plan your trip. 

This is our third year visiting the plantation, this time with a baby!  Here are Bo and McCord sitting down to eat breakfast on our first morning. 

McCord ate eggs, sausage, grits, stuffed French Toast, strawberry blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit, and yogart.  What a good time to be experimenting with solids!


We explored the plantation
 swinged in the hammock (or is it 'swung'?!)

Went to the beach


Doen't he look like a little kamikazi pilot?
  Soaked up the sun

Went for long walks

Bo fished while McCord and I antiqued in downtown Georgetown

We stayed on the second floor of this building - the old kitchen - with close views of the River.  When Mc went to sleep at night, Bo and I spread a quilt out on the lawn and had dinner under the stars (the bugs are bad, so bring bug spray!).



 What a great time we had on our very first Redmond Family Vacation and celebrated Bo's 30th birthday!

4. A Treehouse

For those of you who missed this post, my dad is building a treehouse in my parent's yard for the grandkids.  Here are a couple of pictures of McCord and Doe Doe last week checking out the progress he's made.  I've heard that he just put a roof on it and will continue to post updates.  I am sure it will evolve over time.



That's it for now!  I'm single-moming it this week as Bo is at Commercial Lending school.  We miss him and can't wait for him to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment