Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Dress for Bess

My friend Kasie throws spectacular parties (if you've been reading for a while, you might remember this post about our baby shower with more pictures here) and I know that her daughter Bess' 2nd birthday will be nothing short of fabulous! 



Kasie asked me to sew a dress for Bess to wear to her party.  The criteria was turquoise and orange, goldfish, and ric rac.  She sent me this dress on etsy as inspiration.   


...and here's what I came up with


The goldfish's body is tacked down, but the tail is loose so that it can swish on it's own as Bess skips about.



Ric rac peeking out of the pockets

Box pleats and buttons on the neckline


and buttons up the back


And this morning on our early morning walk, Bo spotted this beautiful tiny birds next.  It was abandoned and fell out of a tree in our front yard last night. 


It's hard to tell from this photo, but our little resourceful bird even incorporated the twine that wraps up pinestraw into the bricks and mortor of the nest! 



2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    I was lead to your blog from Alice Davis' blog...she's a good friend of mine from church. I think you have a wonderful talent with your sewing. I would LOVE for you to make an outfit for my little boy's third birthday in late September. Please contact me if you are interested at rcneal@comporium.net or through facebook...Carrie Nelson Neal.
    Thanks,
    Carrie Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dress Sara!!! It is PERFECT!! I know Bess and her mommy love it!

    ReplyDelete