Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Weekend Away

Last weekend Bo, McCord, and I loaded up the car for a long weekend in Litchfield at Papa and GeeGee's condo.  It was wonderful to get away!  I wish I had taken a picture of the car all packed up before we left home - it's amazing how much stuff you need to travel with a baby.  Rocky used to have the entire back seat to himself, then along came baby, and now he's relegated to the way back of the SUV - in a tiny corner not already occupied by the pack n' play, stroller, extra diapers, breast pump, toys, etc.... but needless to say, he was just happy to be included.  Here's a quick snapshot of our weekend.

Rocky says, "it doesn't get much better than this!"



We took some long walks and managed to get a few shots in front of the legendary Litchfield tree






This little guy cracked us up all weekend long!





Our failed attempt at taking our family portrait on the beach



Saturday night we had dinner at this great restaurant recommended by a friend



The restaurant had live music, and the lead singer sang "Unforgettable" to Mc - he was absolutely smitten with her!


Every morning the whole family piled in the bed together and watched an amazing sunrise right outside the window.  What generous in-laws I have to be willing to share their condo with us so we could get away! As I watched the sun rise, I thought to myself, who am I and whose life am I living to find myself here?  Thank you so much Papa and GeeGee for sharing your condo with us.  One day, when McCord is all grown up, I hope Bo & I will be able to demonstrate a similar expression of abundant generosity with McCord and his family. 

We had an amazing weekend and made some unforgettable family memories.   Thank you!




1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your pictures from your weekend. Especially the family one. You even got Rocky to pose. WOW, I'm impressed. Beautiful family Sara!

    ReplyDelete