Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Gigantic Post on Sewing

One of my friends said that she wished I posted more on my sewing projects.  So at the beginning of March, I planned to post on everything I made in February, but now here it is almost April, so I'll just have to cram everything into one post.  I didn't remember to take photos of all of my projects, so a few are missing, but here are the majority. 

McCord's friends, Wylie and Charlie celebrated their 3rd birthday and Wylie got a "Wylie Doll" while Charlie got a superhero cape.  I didn't photograph Charlie's gift, but you can see a similar one here.

  My mother-in-law (aka: M-I-L) got these kitchen towels for her birthday...


...and my sister-in-law, Meredith, got 2 towels for her birthday as well...

...to match her insulated casserole carrier.

This is the casserole carrier I made for my M-I-L.  I found a great tutorial for this pattern here

And check out the cool tags my sister made me!



McCord went through a major teething phase in February, so I made this elephant for him to chew.  I found the pattern here.



And another teething toy for Valentine's.



And my sweet friend Jessica welcomed her second child, Eliza a couple of months ago, so I made her this onesie and the teething elephant.
 


Bo and Mc got matching monogrammed sweatshirts for Valentine's!


I made my niece, Calla, this dress - complete with a little mouse that she can carry around with her in the pocket.


My friend Catherine liked the pillows I made for my sister-in-law so much she requested that I make some as a special gift for her M-I-L.  I don't think she's given them to her yet, so if you happen to know her M-I-L, don't say a word! 


I love how the ponytail came out in the silhouette.



A new paci clip for Mc.

And a personalized onesie for my brand new nephew, Will!


This is not really a sewing project, but thought I'd include anyway... Bo has always loved the John Belushi Animal House sweatshirt, and asked that I make him one.  This project was super easy - I just purchased iron-on letters from Walmart and applied to a navy sweatshirt.  I think he likes it.  Next fall, I have to make one for Mc.  How funny would that be?!!! 



Here's a onesie I made for Mc.


And a similar onesie for the smallest member of the Bailey Bunch and Mc's newest buddy, Ben.


The color in this photo came out kind of crazy, but here's a shirt for Cousin Bayer to wear for his birthday.


 ...and since I'm pretty sure, my 5 year old nephew, Bayer doesn't read my blog, here's a quick peek at the tee pee he's getting for his birthday on Sunday. I so wanted to get a picture of my own little chief having a pow wow inside it, but he was fast asleep by the time I wrapped this project up tonight. 



Doesn't every child deserve a special place to hide, conduct "top secret" business, and cuddle up and read, color, and pretend?  Well, I hope Bayer enjoys his new fort.







Over the past couple of months, this little guy has become quite familiar with all of the sewing shops in our area.  Here he is helping me pick out some fabric.


And I am so excited about the next project I have lined up. 

Here's a sneak peek of the fabric...



I won't say yet what it is in case this project totally flops.  The pattern came from a vintage sewing book my sister gave me for Christmas, and it required it to be enlarged over 2,000%!!!  Needless to say, no one locally could copy it for me that large, so I had borrow this ancient old thing from our church:


Not sure if anyone has used it the past few decades or not... but needless-to-say, my assistant came along for the whole ride.  Here he is entertaining himself on the floor of our old Sunday School classroom while I traced the sewing pattern on the wall.  More on that project to follow....



4 comments:

  1. Love all of these projects! You are so talented. I am seriously thinking I need to hire you to give me lessons. Love that sweet little helper you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts sara! I love the casserole carrier and towels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. Are. Amazing! Your assistant is pretty darn cute, too! Seriously though, you inspire me so much - I need a Sara tutorial asap! All of your projects are so unique and I love each of them. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sooo jealous of your talent and creativity!!! i LOVE all of your creations!! keep the posts coming! i really enjoy seeing what you are making!! :)

    ReplyDelete