Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

McCord's Baptism

THE DAY
Sunday, September 19, 2010 was a beautiful, sunny day in Rock Hill.  It was a perfect day for a baptism at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church.

THE GOWN
The gown was made for my mother-in-law, Frances, to wear when she was baptized as an infant.  Since then, it's been worn by Bo, my sister-in-law, Meredith, and her two children - Emily and Kyle.  We were so honored to have the gown passed down to McCord to wear for his baptism.  It is steeped in tradition, and we feel blessed to be connected to so many family memories. 


THE MENU
My mom helped me prepare for the big day - a celebration on Surrey Lane.  We had so much fun putting together the menu. It was a great day to pull out the crystal and silver!



THE PRAYER
McCord offered this prayer on his big day:
God in heaven, hear my prayer,
keep me in thy loving care.
Be my guide in all I do,
Bless all those who love me too.
Amen.



THE FAMILY
Bo and I were so thankful to have all of our family come up to celebrate McCord's baptism.  It was so meaningful to look out into the congregation and see them beaming at our little boy. 


THE BABY
Neither Bo nor I enjoy being the center of attention, so we were so curious to see how McCord would do when he was in front of the church with so many eyes on him.  We were amazed when he slept through the whole thing.  When our pastor sprinkled water on him, he waved his arms in the air, startled, but never opened his eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! What a wonderful day!!!
    Amanda's sweet little Miriam was baptized on Sunday, too!! Your pictures are so good!! I love your dress!
    So glad to see that McCord had a wonderful baptism!!

    ReplyDelete