Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Before You Were Born

 
 
 
Thad, before you were born, your daddy and I were so convinced you were a girl, but we couldn't decide on a name for you.  We'd narrowed it down to two: Anna Chiles and Campbell Chiles (Cece).  And would you believe that we were about to deliver you and still couldn't agree on a name.  Several weeks prior to your due date, we'd settled on a boy's name, but hardly gave it a second thought because we just knew you were going to be a girl.   
 
 
 
My labor with you was completely unlike what I was accustomed to with your brothers - whereas they were fast and sudden, you were slow and on your own time frame.  How funny and foolish of us to assume this also meant you were a girl. 
 
Laboring with you was so leisurely and I enjoyed every contraction and kick I felt - knowing that things would soon change.  There is a closeness I've felt with you and your brothers while being pregnant that is so comforting.  I got to know your little kicks and nudges.  Late in my pregnancy I was concerned when you hadn't turned head-down, but a few days later I remember knowing that you were in the process of moving.  I just loved to feel your little body and guess what position you were in.  And so there Bo and I sat in the hospital room, savoring these moments with unborn you, and anticipating with great excitement your entry in the world. 
 
A nurse midwife named Tina Hayes delivered you, and she allowed Bo and me to help guide you out.  That was a thrilling and emotional experience.  A true gift - and one of the most meaningful days of my life.  You can only imagine our surprise and extreme excitement to see that you are a perfect and beautiful little BOY!  Your daddy and I were so surprised we laughed immediately!  What a beautiful entrance you made into the world - bringing joyful laughter with you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment