Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Stitches

Bo and I were in the hospital shortly after I delivered Wade when one of Bo's co-workers sent a congratulatory text message on having 2 boys in the family now.  He mentioned something about "welcome to the world of broken bones and ER visits." Well, we got a taste of our first Urgent Care visit last week when McCord went flying through the air and bumped his head.  I wasn't exactly sure how it happened at first.  I was in our room folding laundry, Wade was in the exersaucer in the boys' room, and Mc was running back and forth between the two rooms at faster than fast speed, which is how 2 1/2 year old boys travel. He tripped and hit his head on a chair, and came up with a huge hole in his head.  He cried for a few seconds, and never cried again - even when the doctor put 2 shots in his forehead to anesthetize the area and stitch him up.  I was amazed at how brave and calm this otherwise bundle of energy was.

We go to get the stitches removed tomorrow, and I hope that will be our last visit to Urgent Care for a long time.

Before stitches

After stitches

Christmas Eve-Eve after it's had a few days to heal

The other day, Wade was napping and McCord and I were enjoying some rare one-on-one time playing together outside.  He decided he wanted to make a fort out of his slide, so we gathered up a quilt and some books.  He crawled in his fort and said, "Mama come in!"  I am so glad that I had my phone on me because I was able to capture a picture of this moment that makes my heart overflow with joy every time I see it.  He wants me to be a part of his world!  I love McCord's world - it's so imaginative and magical - yes, of course I will come in!  And so I found myself rolling around on the grass trying to fit my 32 year old self into a space made for toddlers because I couldn't stand the thought of not being a part of McCord's world.  I know all too well, that the day is coming when it is no longer cool for Mama to make a fool of herself trying to squeeze into McCord's forts, but for now, he wants me!  And that makes me happy.  

"Mama, come in!" 



We had to replace our hot water heater, and we couldn't get our hands on the box fast enough.  

It made the perfect rocket ship. 

This was the day McCord introduced us to his imaginary friend Taygee.  She flew to the moon with us, and since then, she's been taking naps with McCord.  At night, Mc asks me to blow her a kiss before I close the door.  In the morning, I have to give her a piggy back ride down the stairs.  One morning I noticed that Mc had wet through his diaper and I said, "McCord, you wet the bed last night."  He responded, "No...Taygee."  

Even the inside of the rocket ship got custom detailed.  


Discovery Place Kids


McCord's also been calling me Mom lately.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  





No comments:

Post a Comment