Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dinosaur Costumes

Happy All Hallows Eve from our little dinosaurs!


This year, Mc got to choose what he wanted to be for Halloween - it's so fun preparing for holidays with a 2 year old!  This is the first year he's really understood enough to get excited.  So when McCord said he wanted to be a dinosaur, I couldn't wait to make something for him that he would be excited to wear.  Of course Wade got a matching costume too! We've worn the costumes so much, they've been in the wash 3 times already, and Halloween's not even here yet.  

There's something about a little boy wearing a costume.  I've received so much joy watching Mc and Wade play in their costumes knowing I've given them the opportunity to feel invincible, powerful, playful, and truly magical.  I know the day is quickly approaching when my boys will no longer want to wear something I've made for them, but for now, the laundry and dishes can wait while I create something special for my two little ones.  This brings me such joy!






Here I am cutting out dino teeth with our cat, Jackson.  Everyone had a part in these costumes!
The tail pattern can be found here. I made a few adjustments, but it's basically the same. I had to wing it on the sweatshirts, and I'm so glad they turned out okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment