Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Loved Like Crazy

Remember when you go into the world
to keep your eyes and ears wide open.
And be kind. Love one another.
Take care of each other. Tell the truth.
Always do your best.
Listen to the big people and the little people.
Explore new paths and have fun.
Know that you are loved like crazy.
Give thanks for all your blessings.
Above all else, love and you will do
wonderful things in this world.
- Rebecca Puig

I came across this passage almost a year ago and it especially resonated with me. I tucked it away, knowing that one day we'd have a little one to share these words with. What a simple, yet meaningful message for all of us to live our lives. When Bo and I first found out that I was pregnant, this was the first thing I wrote in the baby journal. To me it is more than a mantra for our child, but also a sort of prayer for us as parents to raise a child who is kind, caring, and driven to do right, who is curious about the world and the adventures that are in store.


The author of this passage, Rebecca Puig, is an amazing Georgia artist.  Many of her designs are created out of repurposed materials. You can visit her website, Sugarboo Designs, here.  Her home was also featured in the October 2009 issue of Southern Living.

Little Baby, already you are loved like crazy.  And every day that passes, we love you more and more.

1 comment:

  1. That is very sweet!!! I'm loving that you're blogging now! I've added you to my "favorites". :) Glad you are doing well and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete