Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Instagram

I've been Instagramming lately.


A quick run to the Home Depot for some fall plants.  BTW, for those of you who have BiLos  nearby, did you see the heirloom pumpkins they had on sale last week?  We bought 3.  That may not be enough.

And I've discovered that I'm a better Instagrammer than I am blogger.  Sometimes it's difficult to find the time to sit down to write a meaningful post on my blog.  I created this blog for 2 purposes:
1- to keep my parents and in-laws posted on what's going on with our family (and anyone else who's interested)
and
2- to keep track of things I've sewn with the hopes of using the blog to help market the High Cotton business one day.  It's a small endeavor, and one I hope to get to sooner rather than later.

Oh dear Wade, why must you grow so fast?!
I've been growing bored with the way the house looks lately and made some new curtains for the kitchen out of some old fabric from my stash.  It's a Schumacher remnant that I've hoarded for years.  I looked it up online because I'd like to order some more and found it on this website.  Apparently it sells for $124 a yard!!!  Perhaps I should have sold it on etsy to help send the kids to college?

You'd think as a stay at home mom that I'd have ample time on my hands, but the truth is our days are very very full in a wonderful, fulfilled, but challenging sort of way.  And honestly, after getting 2 little bodies bathed, diapered, and tucked in for the night (or for the next 3 hours in Wade's case), my energy is spent, and while I intend to document the memories of our sweet and tender days, blogging is the last thing that gets done around here.

We've started a Sunday evening tradition with the kids of cooking hotdogs over a bon fire.  We even roasted a few marshmellows last night.  

Here we are relaxing McCord-style!


Enter Instagram, the busy blogger's lifesaver.

McCord's girlfriend, Taylor aka "Taygee"

While it may be difficult to blog, you can bet I'll find time to post a few pics here and there on my Instagram page because it's oh so easy.  I created a sidebar on my blog of the latest things I've Instagrammed in case you're interested.  It's the usual stuff I would normally love to blog about: yard sale finds, things I've made #fromthesewingroom, arts and crafty stuff, and also the funny, sweet, and silly moments with my boys.  You can find me on Instagram @redmondsc.  Or if you don't Instagram, but you'd like to see what all the fuss is about, you can see pics online and who I follow (currently following several designers who Instagram, and I LOVE to see the things that they are posting!) at this link.  If you Instagram too and I somehow missed you, please let me know.




Bo was out of town last Saturday, so the boys and I went to Windy Hill Orchard to pick apples.  I highly recommend if you're in the area. 

You can feed them with a bottle!!!!

And switching gears.  Here's a conversation I had with McCord the other day about stay at home moms. We were driving down the road and passed the bank where Bo works.

Mc: Dada!  pointing to bank

Sara: That's right, McCord.  That's where Dada works. Do you know what Daddy does while he's at work?

Mc: silence

Sara: Dada works with money.

Mc: silence, processing what in the world this means

Sara: Do you know where Mama works?

Mc: Home!

Sara: Yes!  I do work at home!  What do I do while I'm at work, McCord?

Mc: Eat! Eat!

Apparently, McCord thinks I eat all day for my job.  Yes, please.  Someone pay me to do that!

I think it's only appropriate to end with this photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment