Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Farewell to Kindermusik & Lavender Gingham Fabric

Tonight was McCord's last Kindermusik class.  Well, he'll take it in preschool beginning in the fall, but it was the last class that we will take together.  We have thoroughly enjoyed the program for the past 2 years - singing, clapping, and dancing ourselves silly all in the name of fun.  It has been a great bonding experience and something we looked forward to each Tuesday.  Here's a picture of McCord at his very first Kindermusik class.  He was only a couple of months old.


And here's Mc preparing for his class today.  Homework was to make a drum.  I believe our drum was the gaudiest one there!

...but he was oh so proud of it!

Do not be deceived...this is not a hula hoop, but a boat drifting down the river!




McCord was terribly shy when we started taking this particular session of Kindermusik a few months ago and never  mustered up enough courage to go through the hula tunnel, although he really wanted to.  I was so excited tonight to see him go through the hula tunnel tonight.  He was so proud of himself!

Many thanks to my mom, Aiya, for coming with us to Mc's last class and documenting it with all of these photos!

Also, I thought I'd share a couple of projects I've been working on lately.  I can't seem to get enough of this lavender gingham fabric.  The repetition is intentional.  Here's a bunny I made for my childhood friend, Meredith, who is expecting her first child next month.


And a little something for Mc's Kindermusik buddy, Jewel, for her second birthday.  Embellishments to a couple of cute pieces I found a Target.


And in other news, Baby #2 is due in less than a week.  We can't wait to meet the next child who will change our life in amazing and unexpected ways just as McCord did 22 months ago.  And we can't wait to find out if this baby is a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment