Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

New product and blog news

My sewing machine has been busy!  I got a confirmation e-mail that High Cotton was accepted into the St. John's fall festival, so I have been taking advantage of Mc's naptime to get some sewing done.  I've been so excited, I haven't been able to sleep most nights, so that's given me lots of time to sew too.  Whew!  I hope I can keep up the pace.  I have lots to complete in 2 months. 



These giraffes are my first product.  I am especially excited about them because I sketched them out and designed them from scratch.  McCord received the first version that hardly looked like a giraffe at all - so I've had a lot of quirks to work out.  Now we're all set.  Because each giraffe is handmade, no two are exactly alike, but they all share a ruffled gingham mane and knotted tail in common.  Each giraffe is $15.95 (available first for sale at the festival in November) and measures approximately 28" from horn to hoof and about 14.5 " wide. 










Each giraffe sports the High Cotton label


These lovely ladies are adorned in vintage fabric from the 70s.  Many of the designs I'm working on involve vintage fabric and repurposed items.   



And switching gears, I've added tabs at the top of my blog for easier navigation.  I plan to add a products tab where I will highlight the giraffes and other items I create for purchase. 



And just ordered these business cards from a site my sister recommended.  Pay no attention to the etsy site - I've just created it, but haven't listed anything yet.  I hope to get that up and running after the festival.



1 comment:

  1. YAY Sara!!! So glad and excited to hear that you are going to be at St. John's!! I definitely want to come and check out your booth! I love the cute giraffes you have made! So precious!! Your business cards are so pretty, too! I cannot wait to watch High Cotton continue to grow and flourish into a very successful venture!! Way to go friend!

    ReplyDelete