Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Bo!

Dear Husband,



I am so happy to celebrate your 30th birthday with you today!  It has been so much fun to get a glimpse of your childhood by looking through the photo albums that your mom compiled.  Here are a few things I noticed last night as you shared them with me:

Monkey looks more like you than you think.
You were really proud of your Pepsi shirt.
Superman pjs look really good on you.




I know that every year of your childhood - the trips to the lake - the violin lessons - family celebrations - collectively shaped you into the man you are today, and for that I am truly thankful.  If it weren't for you, I would never know what the weather is going to be, nor would I know who sang that song that's playing on the radio.  And what a terrible existance I'd have if I didn't know that Georgia got a 5-star recruit and that this season is going to be much better than last.  I am also really thankful that you know everything about history that I don't know, because if it weren't for you, I'd mix up some terrible detail about Adolf Hitler.   

Here's a picture of Bo's sister Meredith and Bo when he was Mc's age.  You'll see that Mc is wearing the same outfit (in the top picture) as Bo.  Frances made this for baby Bo and we are so thankful that she saved it.



You said something interesting as you told me about each photo: that one day, Monkey will be looking through a photo album sharing the memories of his childhood the same way we did last night.  He'll likely say the same things,
"Oh, that's the backyard of our first house!"
"I remember that birthday gift!"
"My parents still put that same angel on the Christmas tree!"

Three generations of Redmonds


...and it makes me realize that we are building our son's memories right now, same as your parents did 30 years ago.  I'm so thankful that McCord has you to guide and shape him.  I look forward to the day when he puts his tiny feet in your shoes (both literally and figuratively) and follows you around.  If he turns out to be exactly like you, I will be the proudest Mama in the world....and I especially look forward to the superman pjs. 



Taken today wearing a special birthday message for you!


Happy birthday Bo!
Cheers,
Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment